An outdoor exercise park can be an excellent resource for anyone looking to improve their health through exercise. Most of these parks often have a variety of fitness facilities that are designed to help individuals build strength, endurance, and flexibility.
Working out at parks can provide a fun and engaging exercise routine to get in shape, as they offer a change of scenery from traditional indoor exercise settings.
When using an outdoor exercise park, it’s important to start slowly and gradually increase the intensity and volume of your training. To make sure you are making the most of your time and to maximise the health and physical benefits with the least amount of time and risk of injury, you might want to work with a personal trainer. We offer professional outdoor and indoor exercise and health coaching programmes in Bangkok.
Remember to stay hydrated, wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. With consistency and dedication, an outdoor exercise park can be a great way to improve your overall health and well-being.
- There are numerous benefits to exercising outdoors at a park. Here are some of the most significant:
- Outdoor exercise gives you the chance to breathe in fresh air and absorb vitamin D from the sun, both of which can enhance your mood and general health.
- Parks frequently provide scenic views and a change of scenery, which can make your workouts more interesting and enjoyable.
- More physical challenges: Sometimes, like when sprinting, working out outside can be more physically challenging than working out inside.
- Cost-effective: Most parks are free to use, which can save some money while helping you stay in shape and improve your health.
- Mental health benefits: Being in nature and getting physical exercise have been shown to improve mood and boost mental health.
- Socialization opportunities: Parks can be a great place to meet new people and connect with others who share your interest in exercise and health.
Here is a list of Bangkok’s most famous and beautiful parks to exercise in.
Location: 192 Witthayu Rd., Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330
Open daily from 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Lumpini Park is a large, beautiful park in Bangkok. It is one of the biggest green spaces in central Bangkok, spanning over 500,000 square metres and featuring a diverse range of facilities. The park is home to many different kinds of birds and reptiles, making it a great place for people who love nature. There are also some food vendors and, once in a while, different kinds of events. You can enjoy the park’s beautiful gardens, picnic areas, an artificial lake, and its pathways that have stunning views and beauty. There are also some children’s play areas.
It’s a good exercise park for all kinds of physical activities, like jogging, lifting weights, basketball, aerobics, and many more. Moreover, the park has tennis courts and a swimming pool, and cycling is allowed from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Learn more about Lumpini Park.
Location: Ratchadaphisek Road in Khlong Toei, Bangkok
Open daily from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Benjakitti Park is another large, beautiful park not far from Lumpini Park. It’s close to the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center MRT Station, the Sukhumvit MRT Station, and the Asok BTS Station.
The park spans an area of approximately 208,000 square metres and features a central boating lake decorated with beautiful flowers around it, exercise areas, and a cycling track. It is a great exercise park for those who are interested in athletics and enjoy walking and jogging on its beautiful track and pathways. The park is a place for those who love hilly, green places, and it has something for everyone.